In 1944, Dr. Norman Slavik started Coldwater Animal Clinic out of his home. His brother, Dr. Jim Slvaik, later joined the practice. When the practice grew, Dr. Slavik built a clinic on East Vine Street in Coldwater. Dr. Norman Slavik II joined the practice in 1972. In 1979, Dr. Dan Hellwarth joined the practice and is still currently an owner and practicing vet.
Our current groomer, Elaine Ebbing started in 1986. Dr. Urban Seger joined the practice in 1988 and is a current owner and practicing vet. In 1988 they started a satellite business on 1225 Greenville Road, St. Marys, OH, called St. Marys Veterinary Clinic, which serves only small animal. In 1994 the present building on 110 Harvest Dr., Coldwater, OH was built. Dr. Bret Rochotte joined the practice in 1998 and is currently an owner and practicing vet. In 2007 Coldwater Animal Clinic merged with Ft. Recovery Veterinary Center, 119 State Route 119, Ft. Recovery, OH. Dr. Kimberly Forthofer-Braun is a current owner and the full time vet in our Ft. Recovery office, she started practicing in 1993. In 2008, Dr. Christen Daniel was hired as an associate vet.
For after hours emergencies, please call us at (419) 678-4071
and you will be directed to the doctor on call.
Coldwater Animal Clinic
110 Harvest Drive
Coldwater, OH 45828